HWKN and Matthias Hollwich support the efforts and aims of Black Lives Matter, and will continue to support causes related to social justice, racial equality, Black LGBTQ+ rights, and economic equity.
We continue to refine our initiatives:
- Prioritize diversifying our staff by ensuring more minority candidates are made aware of the opportunities at HWKN and go through the interview process
- Collaborate with minority-owned firms as consultants on our national and international projects
- Foster educational outreach, building on our previous work with the Williamsburg High School of Architecture and Design
- Participate in Career Day in order to engage with students from typically underrepresented ethnic groups, and provide career advice on request in the architectural field
- Pro bono work for minority-owned businesses to help overcome present challenges