Join HWKN Architecture to reinvent the world we live in and create a more sustainable, inclusive, and unforgettable place for all.
This position is an opportunity to join the international innovation firm HWKN Architecture, where you will contribute to some of the most ambitious design projects currently underway in North America, Europe, and the Middle East.
HWKN’s upcoming projects include our competition-winning 400,000sf future-forward office building in London; a prefab office brand for today’s generation in Germany; new custom office buildings in Munich and Austin that promise a radically different balance of work and living; multiple mass timber projects including a 200-unit building in Washington D.C.; homes for individual clients including those in our aging population specifically tailored to their live/work needs; mixed-use masterplans; and upcoming buildings in the Metaverse.
We are looking for candidates who are truly passionate about innovative design, who thrive in a diverse, high-energy environment, and who are able to turn forward-looking concepts into solid design documents. HWKN encourages an architectural practice that is open and inspirational. The firm focuses on early design phases and always collaborates with local partners through project completion.
- Present work internally and externally, curating the presentations
- Manage the project team through various design iterations in 2D and 3D
- Mentor junior and intermediate designers
- Take leadership in innovative materials / technologies research
- Manage communication and coordination with various vendors and consultants
- Efficiently lead project and client meetings when required
- Lead code and zoning research
- Assemble project sets in Revit focusing on SD and DD level drawings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 3-5 years minimum experience (on architectural design projects), with emphasis on Concept through DD phases
- Fluency in Rhino (required), AutoCAD (preferred), Adobe CS (preferred), Revit (preferred), Enscape (preferred)
- Experience working across a wide range of scales
- Strong conceptual and visual communication skills
- NYC resident preferred
- Proficiency in German a plus
- Full-time, non-exempt employment
- Salary compensation commensurate with experience: $60,000 – $80,000
- Flexibility of remote and hybrid work
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
- Health insurance participation
- Additional benefits (lunch and learn, ARE sponsorship, etc)
Please fill out our form and apply through the recruitment portal.